Guillevin is one of the largest distributors ofelectrical equipment in Canada. It also specializes in the distribution of industrialsupplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well as automation and controls. Guillevin’s success is defined byits unique business model that encourages the active participation of itsemployees in the company’s success. With more than 120 Business Centresstrategically located across the country, the company distributes a widevariety of products from world-class manufacturers. We are currently looking for an Automation & Controls Sales Expert to join our team in Québec.
The Automation & Controls Sales Expert is accountable for the promotion and sale of Schneider Electric products, solutions & services to OEM accounts in the province of Québec and the Ottawa Valley under the direction of the Area sales manager. Develops new sales opportunities as well as addresses and services the needs of established accounts. Utilizes excellent offering, application, competitor, and customer knowledge to develop and present winning value propositions for Schneider Electric solutions. Responsible for developing accounts and market strategies to profitably grow the OEM business.
- Establish key relationships with people outside one’s area;
- Share competitors’ strengths/weaknesses in terms of strategy, relationships, pricing, products, Potential Available Market and changing dynamics;
- Utilize knowledge of customers global strategy to drive the company success by coaching and mentoring others;
- Expand the customer portfolio with new OEM prospects;
- Determine the viability and profitability of potential opportunities – what is a “good” order;
- Identify cross sale opportunities between segments, markets, brands or products;
- Provide technical support for specific projects to resolve issues;
- Apply local codes and standards;
- Understand total Schneider Electric offer related to OEM Machine Business;
- Leverage the organization to grow the customers business;
- Convert and create customer requests into orders;
- Consistently work towards closing the sale;
- Ability to cross reference competitive products;
- Address business needs of all functional stakeholder to ensure that the solution sale can be closed;
- Leverage existing customer relationships to identify new value chain opportunities for the company which benefit the customer’s bottom line;
- Leverage third party offers to complete the solution;
- Build a relationship in which the sales person is viewed as a trusted specialist by the customer at the operations level;
- Analyze and manage relationships at the customer to advance sales pursuits and win business;
- Receive valuable information, insight and coaching from a customer contact on sales pursuits and competition in the account;
- Speak the right process language in line with the operations level interest;
- Demonstrate how relationships have been used to deliver targeted results;
- Provide coaching/training to others on product knowledge and application;
- Demonstrate full knowledge of multiple product lines;
- Recommend new or updated product offerings to integrate customer preference or gain competitive advantage.
- Fundamental level automation knowledge;
- Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Control Engineer and Mechatronics Engineer;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in French is required as well as fluency in English.
- Good presentation skill, to present functional and technical specifications of Schneider Electric solutions
- To manage commercial and financial aspects of customers;
- Usually five (5) to ten (10) years in the solution business;
- Motion and safety applications experience is preferably;
- Experience and familiarity with automation products and solution for OEM business a plus;
- Combining technical knowledge with sales skills;
- Available to travel internationally if required (Training, Tradeshow…).
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program and Group RRSP.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.