Guillevin is one of the largest distributors of electrical equipment in Canada. It also specializes in the distribution of industrial supplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well as automation and controls. Guillevin’s success is defined by its unique business model that encourages the active participation of its employees in the company’s success. With more than 120 Business Centres strategically located across the country, the company distributes a wide variety of products from world-class manufacturers.
We are currently looking for a Salesperson and Quotations Specialist to join our Electrical team in Kingston, Ontario.
- Answers calls promptly and professionally, listens attentively to the customers, understands and fulfils their needs.
- Responds to the customer's inquiries in a timely manner.
- On some occasions, negotiates special prices and conditions with customers and/or vendors as per criteria established by his Manager
- Takes necessary action to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner and follows-up and verifies commitments are met afterwards.
- Proactively suggests associated and/or alternate products as needed.
- Promotes focus product items to generate incremental sales.
- Quickly informs the appropriate person (Business Centre Manager, Outside Salesperson) of customer feedback with regards to price, products, service, etc.
- Knows how to read suppliers/project reports such as the Reed Report, Industrial Info Resources to identify well in advance and qualify Projects that are a good fit for the Business Centre to pursue.
- Identify all customers quoting on a job, who is key, gain their commitment and gain support of key Suppliers to work with us exclusively on the job.
- Establish the list of all material needed on a Quote based on specifications: understand take-off procedure and importance of documenting exceptions to specifications.
- Obtain price quotes from any and all approved vendors including alternate approvals.
- Verify all terms & conditions of vendors' quotes and following GIC's Terms & Conditions for major projects.
- Organize all quotes & data to prepare our accurate and timely quote and build history.
- Proper pricing of quote ensuring best cost from key Supplier; discussing GM% level with Manager factoring feedback from salesman.
- Assure timely delivery of our quotes to our key customers prior to closing.
- Follow-up with customer, salesmen, or manager on quote to secure / close the order at time of closing.
- Maintains their technical knowledge up-to-date on various product lines and broaden system knowledge.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of industry experience preferable, or a combination of relevant professional training and experience;
- Demonstrated people skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Product knowledge;
- Must be customer service driven;
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program and Group RRSP.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is only used to simplify the text.