Guillevin is one of the largest distributors of electrical equipment in Canada. It alsospecializes in the distribution of industrial supplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well asautomation and controls. Guillevin’s success is defined by its unique business model that encourages the active participation of its employees in the company’s success. With more than 120 Business Centres strategically located across the country, the company distributes a wide variety of products from world-class manufacturers.
We are currently searching for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our Electrical team in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Business Centre Manager, the Purchasing Coordinator ensures the availability of products to service customer requirements while maintaining optimal inventory levels and negotiates prices, delivery and special terms.
- Ensure that the Business Centre has sufficient inventory to meet the established customer service goals;
- Purchases merchandise from approved suppliers based on price, availability of products, making the rightdecision for the Business Centre on available data and personal judgment;
- Manages the inventorywrite-downs to minimize their financial impact on the Business Centre;
- Analyses and quickly corrects inventory discrepancies;
- Working with the Business Centre Manager and salespeople, evaluates new products and product lines, and recommends them;
- Keeps supplier data (special costing, lead-time, etc.) up-to-date;
- Creates new stock SKU’s when needed;
- Maintains the integrity of special SKU costs in the system;
- Manages supplier’s rejects and returns (merchandise that is defective, obsolete or received by mistake), and issues debit memos when appropriate;
- Supports Company and supplier relations, and alignment;
- Continuously maintains technical knowledge to remain up-to-date on various product lines;
- Participates in the cyclical and annual physical inventory preparation and counting;
- Meets with vendors to buildand maintain relationship and negotiate special agreements;
- Coordinates vendor meetings, in collaboration with Business Centre Manager
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry experience preferable, or a combination of relevant education and experience with at least three (3) years’ experience in the function
- Very knowledgeable in electrical products and manufacturers is mandatory
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, Team player
- Capability to organize their work with a minimum of supervision
- Energetic and positive professional attitude
- Excellent stress management
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
- Product knowledge, an asset
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program and Group RRSP.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.