Guillevin is one of the largest distributors of electrical equipment in Canada. It also specializes in the distribution of industrial supplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well as automation and controls. Guillevin’s success is defined by its unique business model that encourages the active participation of its employees in the company’s success. With more than 120 Business Centres strategically located across the country, the company distributes a wide variety of products from world-class manufacturers.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced leader with sales and management skills, and strong entrepreneurship who are interested in starting a career at Guillevin as Operations Manager. The candidate will work and oversee operations at both our Hamilton and Burlington locations.
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvements to each function, coordination, and communication between business functions
- Driving initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
- Work closely with the management team to implement policies, procedures, and systems
- Know and understand all our system functionalities
- Review for accuracy and approve operational expenses and supplier invoices
- Bring hidden costs to the attention of sales team and management
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Track vendor pricing, rebates, and service levels
- Review customer price matrices regularly to achieve best pricing strategies
- Create new stock SKU’s when needed and maintain the integrity of their costs
- Manage supplier rejects and returns, and issue debit memos when appropriate
- Process monthly ship and debit rebates, and maintain CPA files
- Work with the Business Centre Manager to reach best pricing on stock, non-stock, and project business
- Review the IVR (invoice verification report) daily to validate pricing
- Manage the inventory write-down to minimize their financial impact on the Business Centre
- Analyze and quickly correct inventory discrepancies
- Organize the cyclical and annual physical inventory preparation and counting
- Prepare the annual inventory reconciliation
- Work to increase traffic on our eCommerce platform by educating and helping customers navigate the website
- Support and train the team in all system and operational functions
- Support the administrative team in accounts payables and receivables and the inside sales staff with procedures, back orders and managing of key accounts
- Help merchandise the show room and counter areas of the branch
- Oversee Health and Safety policies and procedures including training of new staff
- Coordinate and track staff holidays time off requests and appropriate approvals
- Engage in continued personal and professional development, and inspire employees to follow suit
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and vendor trainings
- Reflect the core values of the Business Centre and the company by acting and managing in a professional and ethical manner, in accordance with our Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Minimum five (5) years of industry experience preferable, or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- Solid understanding of financial management
- Excellent communication skills
- Highlevel of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships among managers, employees, and partners
- Ability to address problems and opportunities for the company
- Capability to organize his work with a minimum of supervision
- Energetic and positive attitude, dependable, organized and deadline oriented
- Stress tolerance
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program, Group RRSP with employer contribution and a Higher Education Awards Program for the children of our employees.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.