Guillevin International is one of the largest distributors of electrical equipment in Canada. It also specializes in the distribution of industrial supplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well as automation and controls. Guillevin’s success is defined by its unique business model that encourages the active participation of its employees in the company’s success. With more than 120 Business Centres strategically located across the country, the company distributes a wide variety of products from world-class manufacturers.
We are currently looking for a Business Centre Manager to lead our Fire, Safety and Industrial team in Calgary, Alberta.
- Establish and implement short, mid and long term business plan which will determine the opportunities, objectives and goals of the Business Centre in terms of sales, customer service, cost control, asset management and profitability
- Develop long term profitable relationships with select key customers in trading area
- Strong customer focus on industrial as well as commercial and residential
- Manage and maximize profitability through cultivation and development of territory
- Identify and take advantage of unrealized opportunities for expansion in the Business Centre’s region through existing and potential customers as well as products
- Identify, attract, develop, motivate and retain outstanding employees
- Communicate timely with Senior Management on market and business related issues and opportunities
- Behave in an ethical and professional manner reflecting the values of the Company
- Engage and cultivate strong, long term relationships with key suppliers
- Increase the Business Centre’s profitability through systematic control of costs, expenses, and investments
- Prepare and follow through on Annual Business Plan as well as Goals and Objectives for each employee.
- Has understanding and can influence favourably Medium and Large Capital Projects in trading area
- Participate in cyclical and annual physical inventory preparation and counting
- Manage the Centre in accordance with our Standard Practice Instructions
- Ideally College/University graduate
- Ideally 5+ years ofrelated sales experience with proven record of profitable growth
- Strong abilities in leadership, negotiating and management
- Results driven and oriented
- PC and Microsoft Office literate
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong verbal, non-verbal and analytical skills
- Highly organized and goal-driven
- Energetic, positive and professional attitude
- Ability to attract, develop and coach team, and wants to be Team Leader
- Ability to multi-task and highly adaptable
- Strong willingness to learn and develop skills
- Sound judgement and thrives on Entrepreneurship
- Understanding of inventory Management and Purchasing functions.
- Experience with servicing and/or sales of safety products and related services
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program and Group RRSP.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.